Three funny Cricut infusible ink shirt designs! You can also use lots of unconventional things with this product that I’ll share. And some important tips.
Infusible ink blanks. Do you need them? I answer that question for you here. While you’re poking around don’t forget to check out all of my Cricut projects. If you want to use infusible ink pens I’ve got those steps here.
My friends and I are always saying while we slightly panic “I’m fine, it’s fine, we’re fine” so I wanted to put it on a t shirt for them. As I was making the shirt, I came up with a couple of other ideas for funny sayings that all matches.
These are photos you will upload to your Design Space which means you’ll want to download these files!
Infusible Ink Cricut Tips
I suggest making your design not too heavy on the weeding. You need to weed the material with your hands not a weeding tool.
You also may want some latex gloves. The ink can transfer as you weed to the negative space from your fingers. I’ve messed up a few projects not wearing gloves. However, you can just be cognizant of that and try not to touch any of the sticky part as you weed.
Three funny Cricut infusible ink shirt designs! You can also use lots of unconventional things with this product that I'll share. And some important tips.
- Cricut Blank (or other 100% polyester shirt)
- Infusible Ink
- EasyPress 2
- Butcher Paper (included with your Infusible Ink)
- Create and cut your Cricut file. Be sure to mirror for iron on!
- Weed your material using your fingers.
- Disassemble the sorter by removing the metal
- Place the fabric part on your Easy Press mat with the cardstock between the two layers of fabric.
- Place your Infusible Ink where you’d like it.
- Place the butcher paper over the Infusible Ink.
- Heat your EasyPress to 345 and place on the Teflon sheet for 45 seconds.
- Allow the materials to fully cool before you remove any part of the stack. If you do ‘ghosting’ can happen which will look like shadowing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What can you use Infusible Ink on?
There are lots of awesome options for you. Cricut has some options for you on Amazon and their website that include coasters, tee shirts, totes and baby onesies. I also wrote a post about some unconventional infusible ink blanks.